Gdb with MPC85xx

atul.sabharwal at exgate.tek.com atul.sabharwal at exgate.tek.com
Sat Feb 4 08:28:56 EST 2006

Thanks Dan. It helps clarify some debug problems.  I was having similar
problem with BDI2000 to program the AM29F flash part on a 885 reference
board.  Finally gave up.  It's probably not supported or the config file
was
wrong.  My actual board uses different flash, so BDI & the board work
well.

There is a bug in ddd (at least debugging u-boot) when code relocates
from flash to RAM (in_ram routine).  The command add-symbol-file u-boot
<text address> to reload symbols did not work due to some ddd bug (it
could not find bounds of current function).  Switched to manual decode
using BDI
peek/poke and objdump.

--
Atul