opening the serial port from userspace application

bharathi kandimalla bharthik2004 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 19:24:19 EST 2006

Hi
I am able to  use the serialport uart drivers  for the custom board with mpc860T
 which are available in the kernel 2.6.13
I am getting bootup messages like this
  ttyCPM0 at MMIO 0xfb000a80 (irq = 20) is a CPM UART
ttyCPM1 at MMIO 0xfb000a90 (irq = 19) is a CPM UART
ttyCPM2 at MMIO 0xfb000a00 (irq = 46) is a CPM UART
ttyCPM3 at MMIO 0xfb000a20 (irq = 45) is a CPM UART
   And after getting prompt
cd /proc/dev/
cat drivers
/dev/tty             /dev/tty        5       0 system:/dev/tty
/dev/console         /dev/console    5       1 system:console
/dev/ptmx            /dev/ptmx       5       2 system
ttyCPM               /dev/ttyCPM   204 46-49 serial
pty_slave            /dev/pts      136 0-1048575 pty:slave
pty_master           /dev/ptm      128 0-1048575 pty:master
  I am  using mknod command
mknod /dev/ttyCPM0 c 204 46
    ln -sf  console ttyCPM0
mknod /dev/ttyCPM1 c 204 47
mknod /dev/ttyCPM2 c 204 48
mknod /dev/ttyCPM3 c 204 49
  even I am not able to open the device from the user space application
  I want to write some data from the user space into the
application
But I am not able to open the device
  please help me out
regards