regarding kgdb in ppc

Vijay Sampath vsampath at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 12:53:02 EST 2006

Sorry no idea. The configuration and options for kgdb are different in
my architecture. In make menuconfig, under "Kernel Hacking', I enable
kgdb and choose its serial port (ttyS0 or ttyS1). After this if I just
pass a string with "kgdb" in it in the commandline, it halts early on.
Looks like kgdb function is different in your architecture. You will
have to read the code that implements your kgdb setup. Clearly it is
not happy with the arguments you are passing it, as evident in the
output.

BTW I am using Linux kernel version 2.6.16 on a IBM405EP board. kgdb
breakpoint is setup in setup_arch() in arch/ppc/kernel/setup.c. Note I
also enabled CONFIG_WANT_EARLY_SERIAL in the processor configuration.
Not sure if this is important.

Vijay