MPC8248 SPI Driver --- Help required

Yeshvanth NV Yeshvanth.NV at Lntemsys.com
Thu Dec 28 15:35:26 EST 2006

Hello everyone,
                I am developing the SPI driver for MPC8248. I need some
help SPI Parameter RAM functionality.
In the reference Manuel t it is given that we need to allocate memory for
Parameter RAM in dpram and assign its address in the processor parameter
Ram. But the few drivers which i saw is trying to get the address of the
Parameter Rams address from the processor Parameter Ram itsef. Is the
kernel itself allocating the space for parameter RAM and initializing the
address?

Is there any function which can be used to allocate memory for buffers for
transmitting and receiving data as"mpc8xx_cpm_hostalloc()" for cpm2
module?
I didn't find this function in the cpm2.h or immap_cpm2.h files.

Thanks and regards,

Yeshvanth NV