MPC8249 PCI Bus 2

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Sat Dec 23 10:47:00 EST 2006

I'm working on bringing up a board and having some trouble with the
second PCI Bus and was wondering if anybody had any idea.

The kernel is 2.6.19.1 patched to set the Local Access Window because
out u-boot does not do that yet.  I have an Intel 82541 GigE chip
hanging off PCI Bus 1 that seems to be working fine.

On Bus 2 I have a mini-pci connector:

Trying an el-cheapo i82551 based 10/100 NIC it hangs after about 5 pings
on an quiet segment and before I can send anything on a noisy segment
with both the eepro100 and e100 drivers.

Trying a prism II based wireless nic, it fails in the device probe
trying to read a status register because the result is all ones (as if
nothing is there).

Near as I can tell I am getting interrupts.

--
Brian Beattie   LFS12947 | "Honor isn't about making the right choices.
beattie at beattie-home.net | It's about dealing with the consequences."