Lite5200B I2S driver

Roman Fietze roman.fietze at telemotive.de
Tue Dec 19 01:46:06 EST 2006

Hello Stefan,

On Monday 18 December 2006 14:47, Stefan Strobl wrote:

> What I am wondering is, how many DMA tasks do you run besides Audio?
> I am already using DMA for IDE and FEC so Audio would be my third
> DMA task. I remember that it used to be difficult to get more than
> two tasks running at the same time.

As of my curret knowledge it is definitely a problem to run IDE-DMA
together with any access to the LocalPlus on the old B2 mask of the
MPC5200. We did not have problems using the BestComm concurrently for
IDE, FEC and the PSC (I2S+SPI codec mode) on either mask.

> Would you send me or post your bestcomm sources since I'm not that
> proficient in kernel programming.

No problem, I will mail you the same tar fiel I sent to Wolfgang. This
includes the BestComm code and once more the drivers. It's derived
work and GPL'd.

Roman

--
Roman Fietze              Telemotive AG Büro Mühlhausen
Breitwiesen                            73347 Mühlhausen