Floating Point Operation in Kernel

Andrew E. Mileski andrewm at isoar.ca
Fri Dec 15 10:19:41 EST 2006

jimmy liu wrote:
> I am writing a module which need be integrated to the
> linux kernel with floating point operations for
> mpc82xx. The kernel does not provide support for
> floating point operations. Does anybody have good idea
> to implement it or make it to work around?

How about my fixed point routines.  They use S31.32 fixed format, which
is often better precision than using floats, though it has less range.
Awkward to use, but handy when you absolutely need to.

I originally wrote it for MP3 decoding on ARM, but it should be
portable to anything supporting "signed long long" format (hence
the name).  http://cvs.isoar.ca/math-sll/

--
Andrew E. Mileski