Lite5200B I2S driver

Roman Fietze roman.fietze at telemotive.de
Wed Dec 13 23:56:49 EST 2006

Hello Pedro,

On Wednesday 13 December 2006 10:39, Pedro Luis D. L. wrote:

> for sure. I´m interested in the code. Maybe I can adapt this code or
> migrate the application to 2.4 from Wolfgang. At this moment, I´m
> quite focus on make something sounds through the audio board.

See what you can achive with the code in the attachments of the two
posts. They are

alsa/alsa-kernel/i2c/mpc5200-uda1380.c   ALSA PCM driver
alsa/alsa-kernel/ppc/uda1380.[hc]        ALSA Codec Controls

And in the second post the kernel patch.

linux/include/asm-ppc/mpc5xxx.h          MPC5200 constants
arch/ppc/5xxx_io/snd-psc.c               Kernel side of ALSA sound driver

I'va also attached mpc5xxx.h, I think I used some additional constants
which I added there. I had to separate the ALSA and kernel parts of
the PCM driver, so I could more easily manage it.

The driver uses some modified bestcomm code, because the original
bestcomm code from Freescale is, ahem, not very well designed, one of
the reasons for the new design in the 2.6. The changes were done in
the code image 2. They are a more generic approach for the PSC tasks,
so I can more easily switch PSC's. You should easily be able to modify
the kernel part of the driver, to use the bestcomm code from
Wolfgang's 2.4.25 git kernel tree. If not, please contact me and I
will send you the sources of my bestcomm/ subdirectory, or anybody
else of course.

One day, when we have the 2.6 running, I will try to get the code
upstream to ALSA and the powerpc kernel.

Roman

--
Roman Fietze              Telemotive AG Büro Mühlhausen
Breitwiesen                            73347 Mühlhausen