Compiling 2.6.19 for powerpc 8xx

Vitaly Bordug vbordug at ru.mvista.com
Thu Dec 7 03:58:09 EST 2006

On Wed, 6 Dec 2006 15:51:14 -0000
"Fairweather Kenneth-R61777" <kenneth.fairweather at freescale.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile a 2.6.19 kernel for 8xx on powerpc branch. It
> fails on drivers/serial/cpm_uart/cpm_uart_cpm1.c for undefined __res
> variable
>
> It looks like cpm1.c doesn't have the open firmware changes that cpm2.c
> has.
>
> I have looked for a patch for this on the site, and havent found one. I
> have applied Vitaly Bordug's 5 patches for 8xx, but they don't appear to
> address this issue.

Yes as the fix is driver-related not exact arch/powerpc stuff.
Bits will be submitted shortly (as I had to do sort of a rebase after
powerpc.git tree reset) and mentioned issue will be addressed there, as well as similar in fs_enet.

And yes, cpm2's OF-related things were merged (but still needs a couple of fixes that will follow too).

--
Sincerely,
Vitaly