Patch for newer EP405 boards...maybe

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Sat Dec 2 20:44:45 EST 2006

I have an Embedded Planet EP405, revision 1.3, running the PlanetCore
bootloader v1.09. The main kernel tree has built-in support for this
board. There's even a ready-made config file for it: arch/ppc/configs/
ep405_defconfig

Unfortunately, it seems that the EP405 support in the kernel must
have been designed for a different (older?) board revision, perhaps
different PlanetCore firmware too, because the stock kernel doesn't
work with my EP405. The problem is that the serial baud rate is
wrong, causing gibberish to appear on the console.

I was able to fix the problem with a couple of very small patches
(attached). I'd like to submit them to the main kernel, but I can't
because they'd break support for EP405 revisions other than mine. I'm
not sure how to modify them so that the kernel works with my board
while still maintaining compatibility with other revisions. Are there
any EP405 hackers who could help me resolve this? Thanks,

Trevor