mvme

Loïc Damm loic.damm at college-de-france.fr
Thu Aug 31 22:25:58 EST 2006

Hello,

I found a page about MVME cards on the web posted by you... I was
trying to fix a problem with a machine running  OS9, so I was asking
to myself if you could help me. I would be very happy if you took few
minutes to consider this mail...

So, my problem is about booting a Motorola MVME 162-223 card. I have
changed the battery necessary to back-up the card parameters (and
probably other types...) in NVRAM but now the card is unable to
autoboot and stays in Bug mode. All hardware tests are passed. I have
reinitialized it (with bf and env;d comands) but it is still
impossible to boot. I do not understand because the OS9 system seems
to be stored on a flash memory. The card is unable to find the
localization of  Operating System boot file.

I am really sorry to disturb you... but any idea would be useful for
me. Power Pc is not an architecture I am familiar with and now few
people have knowledge about this system.

Sincerely

Loïc

Loïc Damm
Doctorant / Phd Student