Help for building linux 2.6.15

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 30 09:58:02 EST 2006

In message <20060829171138.y9uuwvfi4gs48ws4 at webmail.mcgill.ca> you wrote:

> I am working on ELDK 4.0 package with my evaluation board: A&M MPC875,
> after configuration for my board, and do 'make zImage', I got the
> following errors:

I cannot find any board support for this  board  in  the  2.6  kernel
trees.  Who  ported  Linux  to this hardware? Please go and ask these
guys.

>   CC      arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.o
> arch/ppc/syslib/m8xx_setup.c:56: error: 'bd_t' undeclared here (not in
> a function)

Broken code, and/or a broken configuration, if you ask me.

> Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Which board configration are you using? And where is the board support
coming from?

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Change is the essential process of all existence.
	-- Spock, "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield",
	   stardate 5730.2