ARCH=ppc or ARCH=powerpc

Josh Boyer jdub at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 24 23:07:20 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 14:58 +0200, Benjamin Delagoutte wrote:

> I'm currently working on a PPC 405 based developement card. Does it mean
> I have to work using the arch/ppc tree ?

For now, yes.  Set ARCH=ppc when you compile the kernel.

> What about the includes ? Do I have to use only include/asm-ppc or are
> include/asm-powerpc necessary as well ?

I believe there are some hacks in the makefiles to pull common asm files
from include/asm-powerpc when needed.  Basically, you should be able to
just do:

#include <asm/foo.h>

and it should work.  If you're adding new .h files, I suppose asm-ppc is
the place to add them for now.  That's just my opinion though :)

josh