SystemAce Driver.

sudheer urwithsudheer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 01:07:46 EST 2006

Hello Raja,

We too are working on customized board with amcc 440SPe processor &
xilinx System Ace controller. The System Ace controller is connected to
compact flash driver.
We use u-boot 1.1.2 as bootloader & linux kernel - 2.6.16-2.

System ace is connected to amcc440SPE processor via GPIO and External
Peripheral Bus Controller(EBC).

While booting the linux, it crashes when i am trying to
access(read/write) a system ace register.
In the u-boot though i have support, as of now  i am not doing anything
with system ace as it not required now.
In u-boot/include/configs/custom_board.h, i could see
#define CFG_ACE_BASE        0xe0000000          /* Xilinx ACE controller
- Compact Flash */
 So i have used this address in Linux driver to to ioremap to access
the  ace registers. Though i could do ioremap,  it crashes while booting
exactly when it is trying the access any ace register.

I doubt with the address i have used . But could not get any clue from
the docs given.

I want to know how to access the system ace registers and how to  get
the address to ioremap. Please let me know if any details required and
also if i am missing any fundamentals.

Thanks & Regards
Sudheer