Debugging with no serial port

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Fri Aug 11 05:27:58 EST 2006

Tim,

How about something a bit simpler like running gdb within a 'script'
context, which will log your session to a file.  Get gdb to print the
variables to the screen (using 'print' or whatever), wrap your data with
easily searchable characters (eg. ***data1 data2 data3***), then filter
your data from the script file with sed/awk or perl scripts?

A bit brute force, but bound to work.

regards,
Ben