IBM OCP GPIO driver for linux 2.6

Jean-Baptiste Maneyrol jean-baptiste.maneyrol at teamlog.com
Thu Aug 3 21:15:51 EST 2006

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here!

I'm porting a custom PPC 405GP card based on a Walnut from Montavista
Linux 3.0 (kernel 2.4.18) to linux 2.6, and I was wondering if there is
a port of the IBM OCP GPIO driver (a char driver providing
device /dev/gpio, major 10 minor 185). The driver was written by Armin
Kuster, and it doesn't exist in the stock kernel 2.6.17.7.

Let me known if a port exists, or if there is a new way of accessing the
PPC 405GP GPIO under linux 2.6. Otherwise, I will port this driver using
the IBM IIC driver as an example (for the things about OCP). In this
case, do anybody know where I can have the last version of this driver
(I have v 1.7 (07/25/02)) ?

Thanks for all!

Jean-Baptiste Maneyrol
Teamlog - France