XUPV2P, Kernel 2.6.17 boot problem

Benjamin Heyne benjamin.heyne at uni-dortmund.de
Tue Aug 1 18:02:20 EST 2006

Dear all,
I am currently trying to get the 2.6.17.1 Linux kernel
running on the Xilinx Virtex. I have the 2.4 kernel up
and running - No problems there...

But when using the 2.6 kernel (have copied xparameters file,
patched for using TEMAC driver) with the same hardware configuration
the following happens:

loaded at:     00400000 0061813C
board data at: 00616124 0061613C
relocated to:  00405148 00405160
zimage at:     0040585D 00615F42
avail ram:     00619000 20000000

Linux/PPC load: console=ttyS0,9600.....

Uncompressing Linux...inflate returned FFFFFFFB
exit

Now, I am not really sure where to start searching for the bug
(I just want to implement some drivers - not the kernel itself ;-).
The zImage.elf file is about 2MB large. Did anyone encounter
a similar error? Does anyone have some hints where to
look at for debugging, or what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance
Best regards
--
Benjamin Heyne