Xilinx PIC and kernel interrupt handler

Stig Telfer linuxppc at lizardlogic.co.uk
Tue Aug 1 05:07:13 EST 2006

Hi Tim -

You are right, there are many references in the INTC doc to w meaning
the data bus width.  I think I have mis-read the IVR section.

However, the patch was based on real-world observations.  Under high
system activity I occasionally see IVR reads returning 0x7F, and our
system has 7 interrupts connected to that PIC.  That's where my
hypothesis about the bit-extension came from.

As an aside, an immediate second read of the IVR returns a valid vector
number to service.  Curious on a uniprocessor system...

Regards,
Stig