Board based on MPC7447 and MV64462

Sven Luther sven.luther at wanadoo.fr
Fri Oct 28 06:30:17 EST 2005

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 01:04:47PM -0700, Mark A. Greer wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 08:49:21PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:

> > > Do you have any pci devices?  If not, then that's to be expected.
> > > If you do, then you have something messed up in your code and they
> > > aren't being found.
> >
> > They should at least shgow the northbridge pci ids, no ?
>
> No b/c the regs for the bridge are not pci compliant so the bridge is
> "excluded" or hidden from the generic pci code (which is where lspci
> gets its info from).  If it wasn't, the generic pci code would get
> confused as would the bridge.

The pegasos OF allows access to the pci config area through rtas, and those
call filter out any dangerous accesses. And since you didn't know about rtas,
i will explain for others who may be in other cases.

RTAS is a OpenFirmware/CHRP extension (RunTimeAbstraction..., not sure about
the S), which provides a set of methods which will run even when linux has
taken over and overwritten the firmware, providing stuff like halt/reset,
pci-read|write-config, nvram-fetch|store, clock access functions, ...

Friendly,

Sven Luther