Three-Speed Ethernet support on MPC8560 (TSEC)

Nathael PAJANI nathael.pajani at cpe.fr
Sat Oct 22 02:05:10 EST 2005

Kumar Gala wrote:

 >> I will now go on with the Three-Speed Ethernet Controler, and there
 >> actually seem to be no support for it, but maybe I did not look at
 >> the right place?
 >

 > The TSEC has been supported for a long time.  The driver is call
 > gianfar (drivers/net/gianfar*).

OK, I found it, and remembered that at the begining of the port I
wondered what the "struct platform_device ppc_sys_platform_devices[]"
was for, now I know. and I'll try this for the FCC3 too.

There is a problem though, which I already had (and fixed) with the
boot-loader: The gigabit ethernet is not set up correctly: Everything is
fine with a Gigabit switch, but with a Fast ethernet switch there is no
communication.
I'll look for this on monday!

Thanks a lot for the help !