kgdb support in Linux 2.6 for 8xx

Vitaly Bordug vbordug at ru.mvista.com
Fri Oct 21 22:15:09 EST 2005

Hi!
Chris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It would be nice to be able to do some kernel debugging on my TQM823L
> board running 2.6 (2.6.13.1, to be exact). I have two questions
>
> 1. Has anyone got kgdboe working in this configuration? If so, could you
> give me a pointer to a patch?

Not exactly. I have implemented support for KGDB on cpm_uart driven
boards (most of 8xx use it), but it is only tested on 827x family.
Anyway, 8xx should work with minimal changes.
> 2. kgdb over serial is lacking the getDebugChar and putDebugChar
> functions that used to be in 8xx_io/uart.c. Has anyone done any work on
> merging them into 2.6?

There is a kgdb community project - http://kgdb.sf.net. The attached
patch  is for this one (it has been submitted but not in the CVS so far).