MPC7447A based board with MV64462 Marvell Discovery III controller

Sven Luther sven.luther at wanadoo.fr
Fri Oct 21 01:04:50 EST 2005

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 11:26:54AM -0700, Mark A. Greer wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 01:12:19PM +0530, Ashish Bijlani wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to bring MPC7447A based board with MV64462 Marvell Discovery III
> > controller up. Can you guide me to Linux-2.6 sources with support for
> > MV64462 Marvell Discovery III controller and MPC7447A PowerPC processor.
> > Support for I2c, dual 10/100/1000 ethernet ports, and relevant platform
> > should be there. I cannot access the bit keeper repositories so please guide
> > me to the linux-2.6 kernel source tree if you can.
>
> Ashish,
>
> Support for both the 7447A and mv64x6x is in the latest 2.6 mainline
> kernel source at kernel.org.
>
> If your board is a chrp/openfirmware board, then you probably want to use
> the Pegasos code as an example.  If your board has U-boot or some other

Hey, we have code to boot the Freeserv with chrp/Of, need to clean it up and
merge it though. Would this be a good thing to submit for mainline inclusion,
it is a couple of lines at most, altough there is some reuse of the interrupt
controller code i think, which needs some cleanup.

Friendly,

Sven Luther