Newbie... in mailing lists...

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Oct 18 17:53:02 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 14:24 +0200, Nathael PAJANI wrote:
> I tried to reply to this thread:
> http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-embedded/2005-October/020555.html
> But it created a new one..... not good.

That's a problem with the archives; it's not your fault. If you look at
the mailto: link at the top of that page, you see it looks like this:

mailto:linuxppc-embedded%40ozlabs.org?Subject=eldk%203.1.1%20ramdisk%20image%20problem&In-Reply-To=

Although it _attempts_ to set the In-Reply-To: header which would make
your message appear to be a reply to the mail in the archive, it seems
to be missing the actual message-id of that mail; it's just empty.

> I tried to look for advices on posting and replying on the mailling list...
> but the links given there:
> for the rules (http://lists.linuxppc.org/rules.html) and posting
> guidlines (http://lists.linuxppc.org/guidelines.html) are down.

The rules are fairly much the same everywhere -- not only for mailing
lists but for email in general. Try http://david.woodhou.se/email.html
if you think you need to read about it, perhaps.

--
dwmw2