ramdisk image, unable to mount fs 01:00

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 14 18:45:12 EST 2005

In message <20051014082220.32133.qmail at webmail10.rediffmail.com> you wrote:

> i got linux-2.4.25 from denx devel cvs kernel , when i try
> to mount thr root fs , kernel panics giving the down message ,

There is no "down message" in your mail.

> i have used tis ramdisk image for 2.4.18 stock kernel ,
> cant i use the same ramdisk as i have compiled kernel using the same compiler , ?

You should be able to use the same ramdisk image.

> ## Booting image at 00500000 ...
>    Image Name:   Linux-2.4.25
>    Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kern el Image (gzip compressed)
>    Data Size:    473290 Bytes = 462.2 kB

This image is way too small for a working 2.4.25 system. I guess  you
seriously  misconfigured  the Linux kernel. Probably support for some
needed features (like ext2  file  system,  ramdisk,  initial  ramdisk
etc.) might be missing.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
What's the sound a name makes when it's dropped?