Compilation Error

Jeff Stevens jsteve17 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 05:51:18 EST 2005

I am trying to cross compile one of our drivers at
work to run on both an AMCC 440SP platform (Luan2),
and an MPC8540 platform (MPC8540ADS).  I am using the
ELDK compilers (ppc_4xx-gcc and ppc_85xx-gcc), and the
kernel.org 2.6.13 source.  I was getting warnings
about implicit declarations for both dma_cache_wback
and dma_cache_inv.  I went ahead and replaced them
with clean_dcache_range and invalidate_dcache_range
(since that is what they are #defined to), and
included cache.h.  So then I was able to get through
the compilation without the implicit declaration
warnings, but now when it does MODPOST, I get warnings
about clean_dcache_range and invalidate_dcache_range
being undefined!  This driver was originally written
for x86 platforms where dma_cache_wback and
dma_cache_inv both are #defined to inline funtions
within io.h.  Has anyone else seen this?  I'm sure
it's most likely an include issue, but I'm not sure
what else to include.  I have tried dma-mapping.h and
cache.h?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, if this is the wrong place for this post, what
is the correct place for this question?

Thanks,
   Jeff Stevens