mpc8248 and FCC ethernet

Fillod Stephane stephane.fillod at thomson.net
Fri Oct 7 21:21:05 EST 2005

Wojciech Kromer wrote:
[..]
>But inside kernel all RX frames are filled with 0xff data,
>also send frames I can see on the other side, are full of 0xff.
>Clocks and other FCC aware registers seems to be correct.
>The same version on linux (2_4_devel from denx.de) works fine
>on another mpc8260 board.

Most likely, you're using a wrong DPRAM range.
This reminds me this problem "All-ones problem with FCC1 on MPC8541"

http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-embedded/2004-November/016050.html

so double check your manual. The MPC8555E manual is still wrong in
this regard, and no errata has been issued yet.

--
Stephane