mpc5200 and pcmcia

Andrew Dennison andrewd.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 17:11:56 EST 2005

On 10/4/05, Sylvain Munaut <tnt at 246tnt.com> wrote:

> IIRC, there is an errata wrt configuration cycle thru bridges.

I've got support for this (it's in my December patch). Configuration
cycles work but some cardbus cards / drivers cause a TEA when the
device is enabled driver loads Netgear FA511), while with a prism
based WLAN card (Netcomm NP5430) I can load the firmware into the card
but it doesn't run correctly - iwconfig can cause a TEA.

I haven't had time to work out how to debug these properly - other
more important things to do.

> > Apparnetly it's working in 2.6 but I haven't had time to sort this out.
>
> Is it ? not sure. I remember seeing a patch about it but it removed
> the "always 32 bit access" in all cases and not just in the needed case
> iirc. Make me think I forgot to sort that out ...

At one stange you mentioned you had a patch from someone for cardbus
support on 2.6 - it just fixed the configuration cycle errata so I
assumed this meant the rest "just worked". Maybe that was a bad
assumption...

Andrew