INTERACTIVE_CONSOLE for misc-embedded.c and watchdog issue

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Nov 29 10:27:38 EST 2005

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 01:17:30PM -0200, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> The following patch against misc-embedded.c adds an INTERACTIVE_CONSOLE
> #define to guard reading from console (causes unecessary delay in some
> situations).
>
> Its an adaptation of misc.c's define, a difference being that platform
> headers define "NO_INTERACTIVE_CONSOLE" if required.
>
> What do you think?

Please put a comment above the #ifndef stating where the define should
be.  But I have a feeling that's going to be somewhere under
arch/ppc/platforms/ or include/asm-ppc/ and I don't know if that's a
good idea...

I've got a vauge idea on how we can handle this a little bit more
cleanly, in the merge tree.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/