porting linux ppc on custom board, stuck in timer loop ?

David H. Lynch Jr. dhlii at dlasys.net
Mon Nov 28 17:48:25 EST 2005

Xavier;
	I am having/had the exact same problem on a Xilinx VI based system and 2.6.12-2.6.14.2
I was eventually able to resolve it by removing MSR_ME from MSR_KERNEL. After that I have been able to successfully boot through to
starting init where I am hanging now. I beleive I do not have a working timer and that may be related to the problem with Machine Check Exceptions.

	Were you ever able to resolve your problem aside from switching to 2.4.20, and if so what solution did you come up with ?