Badness in 2.6.15-rc1 on 8xx

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se
Sat Nov 26 00:28:17 EST 2005

Anyone seen this when booting 2.6.15-rc1 on 8xx?
  Mount-cache hash table entries: 512
  Badness in dma_alloc_init at arch/ppc/kernel/dma-mapping.c:346
  Call trace:
   [c00039e8] check_bug_trap+0x80/0xa8
   [c0003c1c] program_check_exception+0x20c/0x480
   [c00031e0] ret_from_except_full+0x0/0x4c
   [c01b86b8] dma_alloc_init+0x40/0xcc
   [c000225c] init+0x8c/0x288
   [c00050ac] kernel_thread+0x44/0x60
  NET: Registered protocol family 16
The kernel boots just fine into user space so it seems harmless, but I
suspect it will bite me later.

Something anoying:
Why did the new cpm_uart driver change major and minor number for the
tty?
As it is now I can't boot my 2.4 rootfs as init think it should find the
console on ttyS0.
Would be great if major and minor could be configurable.

  Jocke