8260ADS Ethernet compilation

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 24 22:28:27 EST 2005

In message <OF8DE1E835.620AF9B1-ON652570C3.001D9C79-652570C3.003087C6 at tcs.com> you wrote:

> I have a custom board built around MPC8260ADS. I am trying to cross

I  understand  that  this  means  you  also  use   a   custom   board
configuration, right?

> m8260_setup.c:62: error: `bd_t' undeclared here (not in a function)
> m8260_setup.c:120: error: `binfo' undeclared (first use in this function)
> m8260_setup.c:229: error: `NR_SIU_INTS' undeclared (first use in this
> function)

Seems your port and/or board configuration is incomplete / broken.

> 1.I understand that bd_t is a board information structure. Which is
> defined in linux/include/asm-ppc/ppcboot.h. Somehow it is not visible to
> the linux/arch/kernel/m8260_setup.c  I dont know what I may be doing
> wrong.

Bad configuration...

> 2.Similarly NR_SIU_INTS, which is defined in linux/include/asm/irq.h is
> also not visible.

Bad configuration...

> 3.I did not understand what __res[ ] is. I came across somewhere that it
> is the residual information which the bootloader is supposed to hand over
> to the linux. How would that be done. I could not identify in the code
> where __res is populated.

Use "grep"; __res points to the board information structure.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The more data I punch in this card,  the lighter it becomes, and the
lower the mailing cost."
                     - Stan Kelly-Bootle, "The Devil's DP Dictionary"