Freescale 8541 support

Dan Wilson dwilson at dslextreme.com
Thu Nov 24 03:16:40 EST 2005

On 11/23/2005 at 9:51 AM Kumar Gala wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken the Denx kernel is based on 2.6.14. This should
> have support for the MPC8541.  Realize that the differences between
> MPC8540 and MPC8541/55 are minor.  Is there something specific on
> MPC8541 your looking for.
>
> - kumar

Thanks for the reply!  Unfortunately, I am constrained to use the 2.4 kernel by another software package that I have to use, which doesn't yet support 2.6.  It appears to me that the 8541/8555 support was put into 2.6 and never back-ported to 2.4.  I'll take a look at the manuals today and compare the 8540 to the 8541: perhaps I can live with the 8540 support that does appear to be in the 2.4 kernel.  If not, hopefully the porting job won't be very difficult.

Thanks for your help!

Dan.