USB Keyboard Support

Jarno Manninen jarno.manninen at tut.fi
Thu Nov 24 02:55:05 EST 2005

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 16:44, Absolut Hunter wrote:

> We are using a Sm501 video chip and also have that working now, I was
> hoping to get the USB Keyboard system and running so I could totally run
> the system without having to use the serial port as the stdin/stdout
> anymore.

Um. The serial port has its advantages when doing developement. If or when you
crash the whole system you still have the output on the terminal. :)

> Anyone know what else is required in order to setup the USB keyboard as the
> input device when using a VGA console?

If you have frame buffer up and running then setting console=tty0 should be
enough. Depending on your system you might want to check where
the /dev/console points to.

- Jarno