anyone used i2c-algo-8260 for the MPC8272 family?

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Tue Nov 22 03:57:24 EST 2005

Hi Ron,

> There are some subtle differences b/t the 8260 family and 8272 family.
> The 8272 family only has 8KB DPRAM (c.f. 16KB), so I believe the
> definition of PROFF_I2C in include/linux/cpm_8260.h should be
> different.  I've changed it from:
>
> 	#define PROFF_I2C	((16 * 1024) - 64)
> 	#define PROFF_I2C	((8 * 1024) - 64)
>
> but still get no I2C activity, and a kernel hang.

I think your change above is right for a MPC8247.

> Anyone have this working, or any thoughts to contribute?

Look at my Patch, which I just posted at linuxppc-dev, which
(I hope) will help you (!! it is for a MPC8260 based Board):

http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2005-November/020492.html

or have a look at the Git repository at Denx:

http://source.denx.net/git/linux-2.6-denx.git

where you can find the complete PM82x port for the 2.6.14 Kernel.

Best regards,
Heiko