Help ! 2.6.14 kernel can't bring up

zjznliang zjznliang_popo at 163.com
Mon Nov 21 17:59:58 EST 2005

Hi clemens.koller!

	          I have configed the CONFIG_WANT_EARLY_SERIAL for the 2.6.14 kernel,but I still didn't see nothing output
on the serial port .
			I have some doubts,
			1, Linux kernel 2.4.25 can work well with the same U-Boot and board as Linux kernel 2.6.14, what is the different
with the serial port driver between these ?
			2.The command line ,U-Boot sends command line to the kernel ,like as "baudrate ,root ....". In the linux kernel
2.6.14,"make menuconfig ,platform ->default bootloader kernel argument",I config the console as the same as the U-boot ,
but it was fail .Didn't config it ,it was still fail .

			I have measured the pin of the serial port , no purse output. I checked the CS (chip select ) pin of the SDRAM
(where is the linux kernel  implementation), the pin has purses when the serial port with nothing ,so I thought the linux
kernel was running ,but the serial port was fail ........

		Now , maybe I will check the kernel code to trace the problem .

		Thanks for your patience.

		If you have some advices ,please let me know  .Thank you !

  zjznliang
    zjznliang_popo at 163.com
      2005-11-21