Memtest-SDRAM

Kylo Ginsberg kylo.ginsberg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 05:58:26 EST 2005

On 11/19/05, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> In message <6AD9F6A5F6E096408F0B703773355A0765E931 at CHN-SNR-MBX01.wipro.com> you wrote:
> >
> >   Can I comprehensively test and conform that my SDRAM is creating
> > problem other than mtest at u-boot( which I already implemented the
> > mtest with the help of mailing list , where my memory failed . ) , if is
> > there is a way please do let me know .
>
> A simple test is: if Linux is running  without  problems  under  load
> than there are no problems with your SDRAM.

Yes, but determining the proper load to test with can be tricky.
E.g., I had a subtle memory timing issue that only turned up under
very peculiar circumstances under linux; this was very difficult to
reproduce until I started using a simple user-space memory tester
application, which could very reliably produce failures.  Fwiw, I
started with this:

http://pyropus.ca/software/memtester/

Cheers,
Kylo