Insmod mod.ko: ERROR: Module mod does not exist in /proc/modules

KS Soumya-ask067 soumya.k.s at motorola.com
Fri Nov 18 18:06:06 EST 2005

Hi,

I am using Linux 2.6.10 for an MPC8540 board.
 "insmod" seemed to have a problem which said
[insmod: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented] .
After googling, I downloaded the module-init-tools 3.1, cross compiled
it with 85xx tool chain, installed it on the target filesystem.

Now after doing that, I get an error,

ERROR: Module mod does not exist in /proc/modules

I have enabled the Module loading/unloading option in the kernel. Am I
missing out on anything else?

Can anyone please help me with a lead. A snapshot of the error is
attached.

Thanks a lot,
Soumya

10 login: root
Last login: Wed Dec 31 19:00:49 on console
bash-2.05b#
bash-2.05b#
bash-2.05b# insmod mod.ko
ERROR: Module mod does not exist in /proc/modules
bash-2.05b#
bash-2.05b#
bash-2.05b# insmod -f mod.ko
ERROR: Removing 'mod': No such file or directory
bash-2.05b#
bash-2.05b#
bash-2.05b# modprobe mod.ko
ERROR: Module mod does not exist in /proc/modules
bash-2.05b#
bash-2.05b# lsmod mod
ERROR: Module mod does not exist in /proc/modules
bash-2.05b#
bash-2.05b#
bash-2.05b# insmod -V
module-init-tools version 3.1