[Edson.Seabra at cyclades.com: Re: BDI and 85xx]

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Tue Nov 15 09:43:27 EST 2005

On Nov 14, 2005, at 10:53 AM, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> Doh my bad. Attached it is.
>

> <8xx_gdb.diff>

Well, this probably works for you but have you
considered how it affects others?

I'm not going to get into the -ggdb flags discussion,
since I know we've had that in the past.  Why is
this needed and should it be done for everyone?

Your update of MSR_KERNEL will work for you,
but won't work on anything that isn't a Book E processor.
You can't make this a generic update to all processors.
It will fail on everything that really wants to use the
BDI_SWITCH configuration option as it was intended.
The DE in Book E conflicts with BE in traditional PPC.

This also doesn't do anything to address my real concern,
we shouldn't have to create a special kernel configuration
just to attach a debugger .........

Thanks.

	-- Dan