MPC8272 + kernel

srideep.devireddy at wipro.com srideep.devireddy at wipro.com
Sat Nov 12 07:05:57 EST 2005

Hi Sir ,

      With the help of mailing list I am able to get my u-boot 1.1.3
version ... right held up with kernel

I am able to boot my MPC8272ADS  with u-boot 1.1.3 version . how can
build my uImaze(compressed linux image so that I can boot it ) ,what are
the options .. I got the source from Montavista BSP for MPC 8272 .. so
can  you guide me in making a compressed image so that I can boot my
Linux kernel .

As of now I am getting and error of

## Booting image at 01000000 ...

   Image Name:   Linux-2.4.22

   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)

   Data Size:    782360 Bytes = 764 kB

   Load Address: 00000000

   Entry Point:  00000000

   Verifying Checksum ... OK

   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK

That's it ... kernel hangs .. why is this ? can you kindly help me
resolving in the issue

Best Regards

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin at wipro.com immediately