"Now booting the kernel"

Nitesh Guinde nitesh.guinde at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 15:57:39 EST 2005

Hello all,
I am loading a linux kernel onto ML310 board .I want networking support and
hence I have a pci enabled design.
I am using linux 2.4 powerpc devel kernel. I have also tried the montavista
previewkit
But I end up with the same problem. I have enabled the option " support for
early boot texts: in the kernel debugging.
Now once run the kernel program in powerpc I get the following essages in
the serial minicom terminal
Enter Desired System ACE CF Configuration <0-7>.
0: ACE-loader.
1: Linux w/PCI.
2: VxWorks w/PCI.
3: QNX Demo.
4: Linux EDK Base Build.
5: VxWorks EDK Base Build.
6: User Configuration A.
7: User Configuration B.

Select:
loaded at: 00400000 008CB1E0
board data at: 008C8138 008C8150
relocated to: 00405308 00405320
zimage at: 00405813 004DE42A
initrd at: 004DF000 008C7382
avail ram: 008CC000 10000000

Linux/PPC load: console=ttyS0,9600 root=/dev/xsysace/disc0/part2 rw
Uncompressing Linux...done.
Now booting the kernel

The prompt goes dead at this point.The board details is available at
www.xilinx.com/ml310 <http://www.xilinx.com/ml310>

Any workarounds?

Thanks,

Nitesh