fix swapping on 8xx?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 9 09:46:58 EST 2005

In message <20051108210204.GP3839 at smtp.west.cox.net> you wrote:

> > Please do not remove stuff that is needed and used to work (in 2.4).
>
> Note the bug in question exists in 2.4, and I think really even 2.2.

Hm... as far as I can remember (and see in the change logs) the  only
fix  we  implemented  for our 2.4.25 tree to get swapping on a MPC8xx
working was a set of bad offsets in include/asm-ppc/pgtable.h - see
http://www.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=linuxppc_2_4_devel.git;a=commit;h=e6d7a1c83f9fd5820cdb85389d6a8f2207f3641d

With this change swapping works fine for us - some of  our  customers
have been using this code in production for over two years now.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Good morning. This is the telephone company. Due  to  repairs,  we're
giving  you  advance notice that your service will be cut off indefi-
nitely at ten o'clock. That's two minutes from now.