PPCBoot 2.0.0 Errors

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 8 09:09:34 EST 2005

In message <69DF49BE936F4441980EC1D59F0ADC2F0108C12C at aqlby02a.siemens.it> you wrote:

> I have the following problem at the PPCBoot startup:
>
> PPCBoot 2.0.0 (Oct 20 2005 - 12:28:22)

PPCBoot is a dead project. It was discontinued more than 3 years ago.
It is definitely a bad idea to  use  it  for  current  projects.  Use
U-Boot instead.

Also, this is completely off topic on this mailing list.

> CPU:   unknown MPC859 (0x08010004) at 133 MHz: 16 kB I-Cache 8 kB D-Cache

Use U-Boot instead.

> Board: Siemens CCM

And don't use a board configuration that does not match your hardware.

> ## Booting image at 40180000 ...
>    Image Name:   Linux-2.4.20-rthal5

Argh... Ancient stuff again. Forget it.

> Anybody experienced the same problem? Any suggestions about how to solve it?

Use current software. Read the documentation. Post on the appropriate
mailing lists.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
My challenge to the goto-less programmer  is  to  recode  tcp_input()
without any gotos ... without any loss of efficiency (there has to be
a catch).                                             - W. R. Stevens