MPC5200 I2S driver

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 7 07:42:24 EST 2005

In message <436D068A.7030905 at digis.net> you wrote:

> I am developing a couple of drivers: one a Data
> Acquisition driver for SPI based AD7683 SAR ADC
> on PSC6/codec and a LCD user interface on PSC3/SPI
> using the DENX Linux distribution. Is arch/ppc/5xxx_io/i2s.c
> a good example of a Bestcomm, Codec, non Ethernet
> example?

The  arch/ppc/5xxx_io/i2s.c  driver  is  *not*  a  good  example  for
anything  usefuil - it is test code used to demonstrate some problems
with (earlier versions of) the BestComm API code.  It  is  not  in  a
working state.

An example for a working driver is in  "i2s_ring.c",  but  note  that
this  driver  uses a pretty specialized interface to the application,
so you will probably have to adjust this for your needs.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Be careful what you wish for. You never know who will be listening.
                                      - Terry Pratchett, _Soul Music_