Board Bringup problem with 2.6.13.4

David H. Lynch Jr dhlii at comcast.net
Sat Nov 5 07:27:33 EST 2005

I am working through bringing up Linux 2.6.14 on a Xilinx V4 based
ppc405. with memory from 0x0 through 0x7fffffff

I have a debugging port at XPAR_KEYHOLE, I basically copied the code to
setup a tlb entry for the serial debugging console to get an additional
entry for my debugging port.

I am not particularly sharp on memory management.
Can I just cut and paste that code changing the address, and the tlb
slot as below ?

     /* Load a TLB entry for the Keyhole, We use a 4k real==virtual
mapping. */

     lis    r3,XPAR_KEYHOLE at h
     ori    r3,r3,XPAR_KEYHOLE at l
     mr    r4,r3
     clrrwi    r4,r4,12
     ori    r4,r4,(TLB_WR|TLB_I|TLB_M|TLB_G)

     clrrwi    r3,r3,12
     ori    r3,r3,(TLB_VALID | TLB_PAGESZ(PAGESZ_4K))

     li    r0,1            /* TLB slot 1 */
     tlbwe    r4,r0,TLB_DATA
     tlbwe    r3,r0,TLB_TAG