SM501 Frame Buffer driver on PPC

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Thu Nov 3 22:00:35 EST 2005

Hello, Russell,

> I am attempting to bring up a SM501 frame buffer driver on our PPC MPC8280
> board. Using the Denx Kernel 2.4.25 I see that most of this is already
> included in the kernel.

I am using the SM501 on PCI on Kernel 2.6 and updated several things in the
driver - not really the same contstruction area as you are working on.
But if you need some code, please let me know (off-list). I posted some things
in the past in this list and on fb-devel, too - just have a look.

The endianess on PCI on ppc is still an issue (I haven't investigated this
problem further during the last month).

I hope that I'll find some time to setup a webpage to publish that
stuff, soon...

Best regards,

Clemens Koller
R&D Imaging Devices