Dynamic libraries do not work

Theo Gjaltema gjalt007 at chello.nl
Fri May 27 21:58:44 EST 2005

Toolchain used:   ELDK 2.0
target processor: mpc862
RAM:                64 Mbyte
Kernel:               2.4.20, extended with ATM/UTOPIA
init:                  /sbin/init -> /bin/busybox

(using a static linked busybox: activating a sh (=busybox)
::sysinit:/bin/sh)
sh: /lib/ld.so.1          (note: /lib/ld.so.1 is a link to
/lib/ld.so.2.5.5, part of the ELDK 2.0 )
< help page of ld.so.1>
sh: /lib/ld.so.1 --verify /bin/xxx (or just any dynamic linked executable)
<here the system has crahed>

or
sh: /bin/xxx
<here the system has crashed>

I have tried to step through the dynamic linking, but did not succeed
til after the creation of a thread.
With a dynamic linked busybox the system stops after a message such as
"freeing xxx kbytes" (I don't know the actual number by head)
When init is then called, which is a part of the busybox which is dyn.
liked, it crashes.

Greetings,
  Theo