depmod.pl fails with "base directory does not match" (2_4_devel)

Peter Gehirnforce Gehirnmann at gmx.de
Wed May 25 21:59:08 EST 2005

Hi all,

since now I used modules compiled into the kernel for ppc_6xx.
for debugging I'd like to use dynamic loading, but when doing:
make modules_install
the depmod.pl fails with "base directory does not match ..../lib/modules"
As far as I could find out, the modules get copied to the base /lib path,
even with $PATH and $CROSS_COMPILE set correctly (I used compiled modules
successfully).
Whats wrong with my attempt? is there some cross-compile tool to do the job
of depmod.pl?

GM