MMUCR on ppc440 GP/GX

ming lei mlei30 at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 08:30:03 EST 2005

Hi Matt,

At your suggestion, I downloaded the latest
linuxppc_2_4_devel source code and also checked the
online code repository, and found this link:

http://ppc.bkbits.net:8080/linuxppc_2_4_devel/diffs/arch/ppc/kernel/head_440.S@1.4?nav=index.html|src/.|src/arch|src/arch/ppc|src/arch/ppc/kernel|hist/arch/ppc/kernel/head_440.S

which was submitted 4 years ago with comments as "Fix
MMUCR/tlbsx handling and set TS corrently in TLB
entries".

If this is the one you talked about the fix three
years ago, fortunately my ppc440 code already has the
fix, I compared it with latest linuxppc_2_4_devel
source code and it's the same.

I think the problem I have now is different, it's the
icbi call from user space code that caused DataStorage
exception if the corresponding bit in MMUCR is set,
however, ppc440 code doesnt handle it.

Any thought, or correction?

Thanks
Ming