Microcode patches for mpc8xx

Vladimir A. Gurevich vag at paulidav.org
Mon May 23 23:46:23 EST 2005

Dear Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

>>since we are on this topic here: look like SMC relocation is explicitly not supported and I can't see the SPI driver as well (unless it reuses 8260 driver).
>>

>In our CVS tree? See the old linux-2.4 tree. We don't see  many  uses of 8xx systems recently with ucode requirements.

I am completely puzzled now.  It looks like your stable, but old
linux-2.4 tree has a much better selection of 8xx drivers compared to
the linuxppc_2_4_devel. Why is that? What do you recommend for a new
MPC852T-based development? Can the drivers be dropped into the newer
tree or more serious backporting effort is needed?

Thanks,
Vladimir