OF flat device tree for ppc32...

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Fri May 20 01:37:38 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 01:41, Jakob Viketoft wrote:
> Hello Jon!
>
> Any news on the port of the OF-layer to ppc32? I'd love to hear some
> more and it would be great be able to help out, even though I have some
> heavy deadlines hanging over me for the next 2 months. From what I can
> see on the list, there wasn't many comments on your first preparatory
> code, but I for one thinks it's time to move it forward anyway.
>
> What do you say?
>
> 	/Jakob

So, there were two positive comments that I received
as feedback on my initial suggestion, and no negative
comments.  (Minor patch deltas not withstanding.)

I am _almost_ actively back to working on this issue.

Right now, I am in the process of re-grabbing a new
tree from GIT-land and reconstructing my tree and patch
based on current top-of-GIT.

My desire will then be to re-submit the patch for real
and have it applied to the tree in an effort to isolate
the __res and friends to one localized area with a
well-defined interface.

I will then read Ben's proposal in detail and move
forward from there.

HTH!
jdl